Not Dead

I haven't had a lot of time to work on anything, been doing a lot of sleeping, mostly.

I have been fiddling with Construct and Glimmer when I had the time and wasn't too tired, and have figured out a few things.

Many of my old writing projects have taken a back seat to my art and game projects, so instead of trying to write for National Novel Writing Month - I'm going to work on this game. It's small and simple and if I really focus, I should be able to finish it by the end of the month. That's the plan anyway.

Today, for about ten minutes, I managed to get my hands to draw something. So here's a mock-up of a possible level. My last post shows I have working in-engine mostly. Save the animations, this is the first real art I've done for this. I didn't want the world to be blank backgrounds and square platforms. This is just a mock-up of course, subject to change (I think more can be done with the background), but it's something to look at when building levels.

The ball of light is the goal, the little eyes are there to see to it she doesn't reach it.

No comments: